Lakshmi Sharath

Lakshmi Sharath


Journeys and Jottings – Why I love backyard travel

Posted: 04 Jul 2016 10:25 PM PDT

There is a joy in sitting on your favourite bench in your neighbourhood park and watching life pass you by. There is no reason to run. The mist gently floats through the trees, there is a gentle breeze, birds are singing and the trees are lush green, welcoming the day. I could be in any part of the world right now but then I am home. Welcome to another edition of Journeys and Jottings.

feet

When you are on wheels, jet setting across countries, looking for exotic experiences, sometimes you forget to enjoy the beauty of your own neighbourhood. And I believe that our cities have secrets that are yet to be explored.  The local historic trails, the old markets, the little bakeries,  the guy at the street corner who sells chaat, the cul de sacs that tell a story of their own..sometimes dont you miss them when you are away exploring something exotic or fantasising them ?

I am probably missing the familiar and the routine after a long bout of travel . It’s been almost forty days since I have been away but if I had to look at the last six months, I have hardly been home even a month . I have been to four different continents besides travelling around India too. Perhaps that is why I am in this lazy mood. I have also been introspecting a lot these days. I travel. I enjoy travel, but I have been travelling randomly. Although I have been picking and choosing my trips, I still think I should plan them better.  And I think I need more holiday travel than work related travel.

What’ s in store in July ? We focus on Gujarat when it comes to India and USA in the international space.  See you soon people.

 

The post Journeys and Jottings – Why I love backyard travel appeared first on Lakshmi Sharath.